Cajun Shrimp With Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- In a 2 1/2 quart microwave safe dish, combine the onion and oil.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and celery.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add Potatoes, salt, cajun seasoning and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes until potatoes are nearly tender.
- Stir in the shrimp and bacon.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and potatoes are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I work full time. I am married and I have 2 children. Every week I plan a menu and a grocery list for the upcoming week. I enjoy cooking, especially trying new recipies. <br />Right now, I am looking for recipies to use fresh herbs from my garden. Like Oregano, Basil, Dill, Parsley and Rosemary. <br />My mother is the one who introduced me to this site. <br />It looks interesting!</p>