Caesar Asparagus Tart
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus
- 1 sheet puff pastry
To make tart filling
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Blend garlic cloves, dijon mustard, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and gradually add oil while blending.
- After it's well mixed, add paremsan cheese and black pepper.
- Blanch asparagus (boil for 1-2 minutes then place in an ice bath).
- Spread out asparagus in a baking pan, top with the caesar salad mixture.
- Prepare the puff pastry dough, roll it out flat until you have a rectangle shape.
- Create a border around the edges of the puff pastry, approximately 3/4" wide, using a small sharp knife.
- Then create diagonal score marks around the edges of the puff pastry.
- Poke holes throughout the pastry dough using a fork.
- Brush the egg yolk + water wash around the crush (edges).
- Bake the pastry at 400F for 10mins.
- To make part filling, combine egg, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, black pepper--mix using a whisk.
- Spread tart filling evenly on top of the pastry.
- Spread the asparagus evenly on top of the filling.
- Gently place 2 eggs (make sure not to break the yolk) on top of the asparagus.
- Bake at 400F for 25mins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!