- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 9 ounces box.green giant frozen asparagus cuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 lb fresh button mushrooms or 1 lb cremini mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs with parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups swiis cheese
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 8 ounces garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese (we used Boursin cheese)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F; spray bottom and side of 12-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook asparagus as directed on box; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, just until tender.
- Stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and pepper.
- Press mushroom mixture evenly in bottom and up side of sprayed tart pan or in bottom of sprayed baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over mushrooms.
- Top with asparagus and crabmeat.
- In medium bowl or blender, place spreadable cheese, eggs and 1 tablespoon of the parsley.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed or cover and blend on low speed until smooth.
- Pour evenly over crabmeat.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center and edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining tablespoon parsley over top.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Carefully remove side of pan.
- Cut into wedges or squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation