Buttery Garlic Bread
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add olive oil and garlic.
- Warm over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add black pepper and oregano.
- Cut loaves in half lengthwise and brush with garlic butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley and toast on a grill or under a broiler until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've tried a ton of different garlic bread recipes, but I do think this one is superior. I love the mixture of butter and oil. I prepared this early in the day so the flavours had a chance to blend. Fresh parsley wasn't available, so I added dried after heating the butter/oil mixture. Once it sat there for the day, the parsley looked like it had been chopped fresh. :) Mydesigirl, I think if cheese were added, it would take away from the flavour and wonderful crunch your recipe has. I cut the recipe in half, but still have lots left. I'll keep it in the fridge for future meals. Can't wait. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.