- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, diced
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (about 6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Sift all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl. Add chilled butter; using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms. Mix in chips. Whisk 1/2 cup cream and egg in small bowl to blend. Gradually add cream mixture to dry ingredients, tossing with fork until dough comes together in moist clumps. Add more cream by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto large rimmed baking sheet, spacing apart. Bake scones until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!