Butternut Squash Bundt Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A very good year in my garden for butternut squash. I've been looking for ways to use them up. I altered a sweet potato recipe and this came out delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups butternut squash (cooked and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the squash. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake to see if it comes out clean. If not, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool on rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION