Buttermilk Chocolate Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from "big flavors from a tiny kitchen" - http://bigflavors.blogspot.com/2010/08/melt-in-your-mouth-buttermilk-chocolate.html
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm melted butter with the cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla extra, and buttermilk.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough in 1-inch balls onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are set around the edges.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION