MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450.
- Melt butter in oven oblong 13 x 9 1/2 x 3 inch pan.
- Remove when butter is melted.
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Add milk.
- Stir slowly with a fork until dough just clings together.
- Knead lightly about 10 times.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick into rectangular 12 x 8 inch pan.
- Cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 16 strips.
- Dip each strip on both sides in melted butter.
- Place close together in two rows.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve piping hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is in my 1956 Betty Crocker Cookbook. They list the following variations: Cheese: add 1/2 c grated sharp cheese to the dry ingredients; Garlic: Add 1/2 clove finely minced garlic to the butter before melting; and Cinnamon: Sprinkle mixture of 2 T sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon over dips before baking (as Dianag #2 does).Reply