Burnt Rosemary Orange Spritz
A festive take on the classic Aperol Spritz with a seasonal note of flamed rosemary. Recipe courtesy Jane Danger.
- Ready In:
For the Ice Ring
- ice water
- 6 -8 lemons, wheels
For the Rosemary Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons stripped rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup water
For the Punch
- 750 milliliters bottle campari
- 12 ounces lemon juice
- 12 ounces rosemary simple syrup
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- 12 ounces sparkling wine
- 1⁄2 orange, shell for garnish (orange segments removed)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark Bacardi 151 rum, for garnish
- 1 small rosemary sprig, for garnish
- rosemary sprig, plus more for garnish
- 1 -2 orange, cut into manicured half-wheels for garnish
For the Ice Ring:
- Layer lemon wheels in the bottom of the mold. Add enough water to just cover lemons and freeze for an hour to hold fruit in place. Top with ice water and freeze overnight.
For the Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, rosemary, and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep overnight; strain. Will keep refrigerated for one month.
For the Punch:
- Stir together Campari, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a punch bowl. Unmold ice ring by quickly dipping into warm water and inverting. Float ice ring in punch and set orange shell filled with rosemary sprigs in center of ice ring. Add sparkling water to punch just before serving. Fill the orange shell with the 151 rum, carefully light the 151 on fire and let burn for 15 minutes. Extinguish the fire by VERY CAREFULLY pouring sparkling wine into the orange shell and over the punch.
- Ladle into tea cups and garnish with manicures orange half slices and fresh rosemary sprig.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note