Bryn's Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 5 lbs pork legs or 5 lbs pork shoulder
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 cup diced tomato (canned is okay)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or grated)
- 1⁄4 cup dried fruit, chopped fine (raisins, mangoes, or dates, etc)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce (All brands have varying spiciness)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- hamburger bun
- Trim pork of excess fat and cut into chunks that are easier to place evenly in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cook onions until soft in a saucepan.
- Add garlic, cooking until just turning golden.
- Add all other ingredients, stirring well and bring to a simmer.
- Pour over pork, and cover.
- Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours, turning down if kept cooking longer.
- Remove pork from crockpot, and place it on a large plate or platter, leaving sauce in crockpot.
- Using a fork in each hand, shred the pork by pulling it apart at the grain.
- Return pork to the sauce, stirring well.
- Serve heaped on hamburger buns and if desired, some coleslaw.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!