Brunch Egg Bake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (I use 1/2 milk and 1/2 fat free half and half)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- In large bowl, lightly toss cheeses together.
- Sprinkle half the cheese mixture in an ungreased 13x9 baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, cook mushrooms, green onions and red pepper in butter/margarine until onions and pepper are tender.
- Arrange vegetable mixture over cheese. Arrange ham strips over vegetables. Sprinkle remaining cheese over ham.*.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, using a wire whisk (or can use electric mixer), blend flour, milk, parsley and eggs.
- Pour over layers in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is set and top is lightly browned (I find I have to bake mine at least 45 minutes).
- Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- *To make ahead, prepare to this point, cover and refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me with my oldest grandson, DJ and was taken this past summer when we went on a cruise and land tour of Alaska. I am retired after working for the same company for 25 years. My husband is a retired military officer. After the military he started working for Lockheed and is now retired from there as well. We live in San Jose, CA and have lived in the same house for over 33 years. We have two grown children and 6 beautiful grandchildren. I love to try new recipes and jazz up old ones. Taste of Home and Southern Living are my favorite recipe magazines(I enjoy reading a little bit about the people who submit the recipes). Recipe Zaar is just an incredible site. I've made many new friends since joining. I have tons of cookbooks -- but now when I need a new recipe that I know I can count on, I come here! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg">