Broccoli Quiche - No Crust
photo by David Hawkins
- Ready In:
- 4 large eggs, Whole, raw
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, Cheddar
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, Raw
- 2 stalks onions, Young green, tops only
- 1 pepper, Peppers, Jalapeno, raw
- 1 andouille chicken sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Microwave broccoli with 1 teaspoon or so of water to soften slightly, about 1 to 1.5 minutes on high.
- Dice onions and peppers.
- Cut 1 sausage link into small cubes.
- Saute onions, peppers, and sausage in frying pan with pat of butter.
- Spray glass pie dish with non stick spray of your choice.
- Put Broccoli on the bottom of the pie dish.
- Add sauteed ingredients on top and spread out evenly.
- Blend the eggs, spices and Parmesan cheese together.
- Pour mixture over the vegetables and make sure it spreads evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top begins to brown.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes or more before slicing and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Started washing dishes in restaurants (the Moose Lodge to be precise) at 13. Worked at a bunch of Long Island restaurants from 14 to 18, did salad prep, sous, breakfasts, line, short order and whatever role was open. Loved it, and kept cooking when I went into the Army at 18. By 22, stopped cooking for work, but still cook at home a lot. Now, I actually think I am a better cook than ever, and have even considered opening my own restaurant some day.