I use this quick and easy side dish to serve to those people who claim to not like vegetables...especially broccoli. This recipe works just as well with cauliflower, kale, zucchini, even fennel and onions.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb broccoli
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- steam or boil broccoli until tender, yet crispy.
- Drain and then dry broccoli with paper towels.
- Coarsely chop and place in a buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Scatter cheese on top of broccoli.
- Mix the eggs, milk, butter, and seasonings together in a medium bowl.
- Pour custard over broccoli and cheese, and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION