Broccoli, Chickpea and Root Vegetable Soup
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 stem broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 inch-length ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- vegetable stock (enough to barely cover vegetables in the pan)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cooked chickpeas, rinsed (or homemade chickpeas)
- In a large pan, place all the vegetables and add vegetable stock or water and vegetable cubes to the level that barely covers the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until all the vegetables are tender. (If you have a pressure cooker, cook about 8 minutes under pressure and use a natural releasing method.).
- Use a hand blender, blender or food processor to purée the soup.
- Add curry powder (optional). Add salt if necessary (I didn’t use any.).
- Add chickpeas.
- Infuse love and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!