Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup seasoned breadstick
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- paprika, to taste
- Cook broccoli & cauliflower as directed on boxes, drain well and place in large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan,combine egg, mayo, soup, milk, onion, bell pepper and cheese and mix well. Heat just enough till well mixed.
- Spoon into mixing bowl with broccoli/cauliflower and mix well, and pour into 2 1/2 quart buttered baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and margarine and sprinkle over broccoli cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Took this recipe on vacation with friend's and it was a huge hit! I used fresh veggies and blanched them, it worked great. I had to sub cheddar cheese because I didn't have a grater with me and could only find block swiss. It seemed to work just fine. I wish I took a picture because it's a very pretty dish as well!
I almost never use frozen broccoli or cauliflower & didn't here, either ~ FRESH, FRESH, FRESH, & just barely steamed the 2 veggies before including them in the casserle. Then I used cream of vegetable soup to keep this vegetarian since my son & DIL were here for lunch! Also used 2% fat milk rather than whole, & the breadcrumbs I used were from a nutty, whole grain bread that I had on hand. Then, dare I say, I followed your great recipe & much appreciate you sharing it with everyone! Definitely another keeper! [Made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>