Breakfast Egg Bake
- Ready In:
- 3 cups egg substitute (equivalent to 12 eggs)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 lb Canadian bacon, chopped
- 5 ounces low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup (1/2 can)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9- by 12-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions in margarine; set aside.
- Mix the soup with water; set aside.
- Pour half of egg substitute in bottom of dish. Layer onion and mushrooms, soup and Canadian bacon. Pour remaining egg substitute over all. Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and the dish is hot and set all of the way through; about 30 minutes.
Join The Conversation
This was a great dish to use for a group, and it was all eaten up, with none left, not even a spot. I did use the egg sub, and also the full round of all other ingredients. The only change was using my own homemade mushroom soup that I had made previously for Thanksgiving. I loved this, and will make sure we make this again, it was already requested for XMAS breakie. Thanks, mikekey! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Novembre 2009