Breakfast Bake Without Potatoes
Nice combonation of sausage, eggs and cheese. I didn't have any potaoes and was concerned it wouldn't be as tastey or as filling without them so that is where the Bisquick comes in. I will be honest, I did not even get to try a bite (long story) but it was gone with no leftovers so I guess it wasn't bad :) This also can be made the day before and refrigerated.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled (any flavor you like best)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I ended up using more like 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 -8 white mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish (glass is best).
- Layer cooked sausage, cheese, raw onion and mushroom in dish.
- Mix Bisquick, salt and eggs. Beat well.
- Add milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour over mixture in dish. (can be covered and refrigerated at this point).
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes (add 5-10 if refrigerated).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm glad I picked this recipe. I followed the directions exactly (I used two cups of cheese), except I left out the mushrooms. This recipe is also good because there is no potato chopping involved. Just pour in the baking mix. I made this recipe for 2014 Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. Thanks for inventing this one!Reply