Breakfast Apple Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 5 large tart apples (unpeeled and sliced thin)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (either white or brown sugar is fine)
- 7 tablespoons butter, in small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place cornflakes into pie shell.
- Sprinkle apple slices with maple syrup, and add on top of cornflakes.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles irregular bread crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the apple slices.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes at 450 degrees, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for about 35 minutes or until apples are tender and bubbling. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!