Breadless Portabella Mushroom Pizzas - Stove Top
- Ready In:
10-12 mini appetizer pizzas
- 4 -5 portabella mushrooms (8-10 if small- 3 inch or less)
- 1⁄2 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce or 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, and
- grilled onion (or 1/2 cup pizza toppings any you like)
- 1⁄4 cup soy pepperoni (any cooked meats work well for a non vegetarian version)
- Remove the stems by twisting gently till they pop free.
- Gently rinse and PAT dry your portabellas.
- Place a small amount of butter or sunflower oil (wonderful Healthy cooking oil)in a large skillet and preheat.
- Grille until tender and meat like in texture (about 6 minutes each side depending on heat and pan).
- With the ribs (black ridged cup like side) up add sauce and use a spoon to push to the edges.
- Add mozzarella cheese to cover to the edge.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Cover pan with lid or foil for 1 minute or until till cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!
- These reheat wonderfully!
- These make great microwave lunch-.
- Cook as directed, add cheese and toppings, but dont melt cheese.
- Remove and place directly into storage container and refrigerate or freeze.
- Take to work and place in fridge or leave out to defrost (be careful in hot climates).
- At lunch time just throw in the microwave and heat for 1-2 minutes (depending on your microwave).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an avid cook of a wide variety of cultural cuisine and I am a bit of a culinary artist often creating my own recipes. Me and my daughter live in Big Bear California where we will have a small kitchen but we can both explore our passion for food and cooking together. Hopefully we can get a big kitchen someday!