Bread Machine Beetroot Bread
Besides that this bread looks stunning, it also has great texture. I made it 5 or 6 times now. One time it did not come out too well and the reason was that I was a bit sloppy with measuring the ingredients. If you coarsely grate the beetroot you will be left with red dots scattered in the bread--finely grated and the beetroot won't be noticeable.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2⁄3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup grated raw beetroot
- 3 1⁄4 cups white bread flour
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon easy-blend dried yeast
- Add the ingredients in the order listed or according to instructions of your bread machine.
- Set the machine to the basic white setting with medium crust.
- Check whilst the machine is kneading the dough, if needed scrape the dough on the sides down with a spatula.
- When cycle is finished, turn out the bread on to a wire rack to cool.