Bow Ties With Chickpeas and Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Simple, delicious vegetarian dish compliments of my MIL. It may seem like a lot of salt, but I think it adds a lot to the flavor of the dish.
- Ready In:
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed (garbanzos)
- 3⁄4 lb farfalle pasta
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 3/4 cup of juice. Chop the tomatoes.
- In large frying pan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, cayenne and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and reserved juice and cook until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the farfalle until al dente. Toss with the sauce and top with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A great lunch for myself, and my other half. Made recipe as written, except I left out the onion for us and the kids wanted the onion. Just added the onion for when they come home. Very flavorful too as the cumin, and other seasonings really complimented this meal. Made for Spring 2011 Spring Pick a chef.1Reply