Bow-Ties With Bacon and Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
One skillet dinner, easy From Simply One Dish by Pilsbury
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, pasta (farfalle, 6oz)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until bacon is brown.Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, uncooked pasta and pepper. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium until pasta is tender and mixture is as think as you like.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Not too bad. I had to adjust it to suit what I had on hand. Here's what I changed: (7) slices of bacon (because I love bacon) (1) lb. Italian sausage (2) 14.5 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes (1) 1lb. box of bow tie pasta ~(1/2) tsp. onion powder ~(1/2) tsp. garlic powder ~(1/2) tsp. Italian seasonings Left out the onions because my boyfriend's a big baby. Also added more water to accommodate for more pasta. I'd love to try this again with actual Italian meats like pancetta or prosciutto. Either that or leave out the bacon and use just Italian sausage next time.Reply