MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is one that's been in my family for years. Mom would always make some around the holidays and they are always a hit, these don't last long so you might want to make an extra batch for yourself to enjoy LOL.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, ground
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup (Karo Syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (or Brandy)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I use Pecans)
- powdered sugar (for rolling balls into)
- Combine first 5 ingredients and work into a paste with your hands.
- Form into small balls.
- Roll formed balls into powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were very good and very strong. Made them for a Christmas party I attended last night and had to keep warning people not to eat too many if they were driving home. I found that the balls came out the perfect size using a rounded teaspoon for each. I also found that rolling the balls in powdered sugar briefly THEN rolling into nice balls made for a less messy process and better looking product. I then rolled them in the sugar again (and also rolled some in hot cocoa mix). These are definitely strong and I would be tempted to put in a bit less bourbon. I also think that a little candied orange peel might be a nice addition and a good complement to cut the burn of the bourbon just a bit. Definitely a make again.1Reply