Blueberry Tea Cake
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt together; set aside.
- Cream butter & gradually beat in sugar. Add egg & milk; beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients slowly & stir till just moist. Gently fold in blueberries. (batter will be very stiff).
- Spread batter in greased and floured 8" square pan.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping & bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Crumb topping: Mix brown sugar, flour & cinnamon. Cut in butter till it forms coarse crumbs (smaller than a pea).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation