Blueberry Cottage Cheese Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional) or 2 tablespoons equivalent sugar substitute (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- Use a fork to blend the cottage cheese and egg together. Add the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; stir to combine.
- Add milk and stir lightly, then gently stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon into 10 muffin cups and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
I used whole wheat flour instead of white, so my muffins turned out a little dry/dense--my fault. But I haven't given up on the recipe! Next time I will try adding some applesauce, or increasing the milk/cottage cheese. I love the fact the muffins are low fat/low sugar--perfect for a healthy lifestyle. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">