photo by tasb
- Ready In:
6 1/2 pints
- 4 cups blueberries, whole
- 2 cups cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 box Certo, pectin crystals
- 5 cups sugar
- Measure fruit whole, I used my processor and pulsed until finely chopped, measure 4 cups of finely chopped fruit.
- In large saucepan stir together prepared fruit, lemon juice and Certo Pectin Crystals.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add all sugar.
- Return to a hard boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir and skim for 5 minutes, to prevent floating fruit. Pout into hot sterilized jars to 1/4 inch from rim, Cover with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes (adjust processing time for about sea level).
- Note: I ended up with about 6 3/4 half pint jars of jam. I always so up an extra jar and a couple extra lids when preparing them.
- Cooked jams may be stored on shelf unopened for up to 1 year.
- It's important to use sterilized jars, lids and utensils when preparing cooked jams.
- Jars can be sterilized in the oven at 225F for 10 minutes and should be kept warm until filling time.
- Lids should be placed in boiled water and kept warm until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My passion is cooking, I have been baking and cooking since I was young. With 2 working parents it was essential. <br> <br>I am trained as a Professional Cook, even have a cooking certificate, lol. The best education I ever got was going to cooking school. <br> <br>I spent 3 years cooking in a gas station restaurant and all was well working there, but my heart still wanted to cook for kids. October 2008 I finally got the job I wanted. I been cooking for the kids for just over a year now and I love every day of it. The kids are great, some frustration, but it is all good, they are so smiley everyday, how could you not like work when you have a bunch of smiling faces looking at you. <br> <br>Another good thing about my job is I get the summers off. I had a pretty good summer, I got to tend to my garden and get a bunch of stuff into the freezers, I was given a second freezer this summer. I have been planning on eating mainly out of the freezers so we can save some extra cash for Christmas. <br> <br>I have plans on finding some nutrition courses that I can do online, just for dabbling in, it would sure help with cooking for the kids. <br> <br>I live with my hubby and 3 kids (11,6,5), and one cat, who is part in-door, out-door. <br> <br>I really want to get back into losing weight this school year, it has been 1 1/2 years since I lost about 15 pounds, I have maintained that loss though. I would still like to lose another 10 pounds.