MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This bright sangria, sweetened with a summer-ripe blackberry syrup, will inspire guests to linger for one more glass. Sprigs of fresh basil make a beautiful garnish. bhg ultimate porch supper
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (750 ml) bottles rose wine
- 1 cup cognac
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cups sliced peaches or 3 cups sliced plums
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- For the syrup, in a medium saucepan* combine 2 cups of the berries, the sugar, water, and a dash of salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Strain through a colander, pressing gently without crushing the fruit; discard berries. Cool syrup.
- For sangria, in a gallon jar or pitcher combine the blackberry syrup, rosé wine, cognac, lemon juice, fruit, and a few sprigs of basil, if desired. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Serve with ice, additional fruit, and basil. Makes 13 cups (26, four-oz. servings).
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Use a nonreactive saucepan, such as Teflon-lined, enamel, stainless steel, or silver. The acid in the berries may react with metal.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION