Black Rye Bread (Abm)
A very dark rye bread with seeds and onion. Great with a hearty soup. Cook times vary by machine.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons applesauce (or oil)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2⁄3 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups rye flour
- 2 cups bread flour (or all-purpose)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed by your manufacturer.
- Select medium crust (or white bread) setting.
- Remove from pan at end of baking cycle and cool completely on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation