Black and White Sesame Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Roast white sesame in a non-sticky pan slightly. Shift them often, sesame tends to burn easily.
- Put white sesame, walnuts and caster sugar into a food processor and beat them into powder mix.
- Heat up the butter gently to liquid then remove from cook.
- Mix flour and soda, use a sifter if you want, I normally do.
- Add flour mix into the butter, then add in white sesame walnut, and add in black sesame in last.
- Mix everything well, and then add in 1/4 amount of the egg white
- Mix everything in a big bow with your hand, add in egg white in small amount till you form a moist dough.
- Put your dough on a large kitch foil and shape it into a strip.
- Leave the dough strip in freezer for at least 1 hour to become hard and frozen.
- Cut the strips into small pieces, each about 0.8cm thick, line them up on a baking sheet with small gap between each other.
- Preheat oven to 165C, bake for 20 minutes, and then turn off the oven.
- Important, do NOT take the biscuits out after 20 minutes, leave them in the oven for 10 more minutes to make sure the biscuits are going to be crunchy.
- Enjoy your biscuits when they are warm, but they also brilliant when they are cold. They can be kept for 2-3 days, but often gone in an afternoon :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!