Black and White Nachos
photo by jnewgent
- Ready In:
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained or (15 ounce) can other white beans
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 (6 inch) white corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Stir together the beans, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, cumin, and chili powder in a bowl; taste and adjust seasoning; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, oil, and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until well combined.
- Run or brush the lime vinaigrette onto the entire surface of both sides of the tortillas, using all the vinaigrette.
- Cut the tortillas into 4 wedges each.
- Place the tortilla wedges in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until nearly crisp, about 12 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through the baking process.
- Top each tortilla with 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese and bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to crisp further.
- Place the tortilla chips on a large platter.
- Stir the prepared bean-salsa mixture, then top each chip with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!