I got this out of my JC Penny/United Way Cookbook 1996. I've made this several times when the boys were younger - they loved it and they loved helping decorate them.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate chips or 1 1/4 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix on low speed, add dry ingredients.
- Mix well. Stir in Chocolate Chips or M&Ms.
- Spray a 12 inch round pizza pan with Pam and spread cookie dough evenly to the edges.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- When cool, decorate as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for DSS 17th birthday dinner, per his request for a "big birthday cookie like at the mall." I baked it in a 12" pizza pan with a lip and it browned nicely in 17 minutes. I did put a long piece of foil into the pan before spreading the dough so that we'd have a way to lift the baked cookie out. Decorated with Peanut Butter icing and everyone enjoyed. DSS said it was better than the mall cookies!Reply
see 2 more