Betty's Chocolate Chip Cookies
When I was in high school, I cleaned Betty's house to earn extra money. Betty made these awesome cookies that are still my favorite all these years later. The original recipe called for a brand of shortening called Fluffo. I don't think that brand is made any more, but using the butter-flavored Crisco provides a good substitute.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together the Crisco, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well-mixed.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons into ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes.