Best Tuna Melts Ever
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, mustard, salt, pepper & spice. Mix with a fork.
- Finely dice the onion & dill pickle, and add to the bowl.
- Add the tuna, well drained, to the mixture.
- With a fork, mix well, ensuring the tuna is saturated with mayo & mustard, and the pickles & onion are evenly distributed. Adjust spice as necessary.
- Slice the tomato into very thin slices, removing seeds. Place slices on a paper towel to absorb moisture (you don't want soggy bread).
- Toast bread, slightly lighter than you prefer.
- Divide tuna salad mixture in half, and scoop on top of the toast. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Place tomato slices on top of tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on to toast.
- Place toast onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 - 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been cooking since I was 15 years old. I have a large fan club of my food. My secret is that I do not use recipes (only for baking). I add what I think will taste good, and it does. I am a pesco-lacto-ovo vegetarian (meaning I don't eat land animals), so many of my dishes are modifications using veggie alternatives. My specialties are anything you stew (e.g. sauces, soups, stews) and of course, vegetarian food. I'll post some of my "recipes" from time to time to share. Enjoy