Best Spinach Salad
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 egg, boiled sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits, home made
- 1 cup crouton
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, worcestershire sauce, honey and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil. Set aside. Combine spinach with mushrooms, bacon bits, croutons, cheese and eggs.
- Parmesan cheese is a great alternative.
- Toss with the dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Picked those lovely young leaves from the garden - the first of the season. I found the 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with the one of honey combined with the rest of the ingredients just right for us . This is a lovely dressing for spinach - it's been added to my salad collection.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!