Best Lebanese Pita Bread Spread
- Ready In:
- 4 pita pocket bread
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped (dried thyme is okay)
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- Split pita breads through the middle and carefully open them out.
- Mix sesame seeds, chopped thyme and poppy seeds in a mortar. Crush them lightly with a pestle to release the flavor. (Mixing in a jar or bowl will also suffice.).
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Spread the mixture over the cut slices of pita.
- Grill until golden brown and crisp.
- Break into pieces and serve with baba ganoush, guacamole, hummus, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am from the East coast Appalachian area. Living in LA. I try to eat lots of veggies. Lots of good recipes, so I eat decently healthy..no twinkie pies, who posted that?! haha.