Best Cheese Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cheese, baking powder, garlic powder & dill.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil & honey, then stir this mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan & bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan to cool slightly (upright) on the wire rack.
- Serve warm & enjoy! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Join The Conversation
This recipe really is great! The bread comes out so moist, cheesy and delish! YUM!<br/>I made quarter the recipe in a mini loaf pan, which worked out lovely. To intensify the garlic flavour I used a garlic infused butter instead of the oil and as I didnt have eggs at home subbed a flax egg for the real one.<br/>The honey really made this bread special, it added such a wonderful hint of sweetness. Mmmm!<br/>What a great recipe that I will certainly make again!<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Syd!<br/>Made and reviewed for WTTM Tag Game May 2011 and for the Lovin from the Oven special event in the Photo Forum.