Best Bran Muffins (Vegan)
photo by prayerpower.thurton
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk or 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (pastry flour is best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1/2 cup dates (optional)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vegan egg replacer powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix together vinegar and milk and let sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, bran, soda and salt together. Stir in raisins or dates, if using.
- Mix together oil, brown sugar, molasses, egg replacer and water. Add the vinegar and milk mixture.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry just until mixed.
- Spoon into 12 muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out dry.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!