Best Blueberry Muffin
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make jam: Place 1 cup berries and 1 teaspoons sugar in a small saucepan, cook until reduced breaking up some of the berries, about 6 minutes. Set aside and cool, should yield about 1/4 cup.
- Mix 1/3 Celsius sugar with lemon zest, set aside.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt, whisk together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs with 1 1/8 Celsius sugar til blended and light yellow.
- Add butter, oil, vanilla and buttermilk and mix well.
- Fold wet mixture and remaining berries to flour mixture until moistened, batter should still be very lumpy.
- Place in greased muffin tin (I use a quick release ice cream scoop to get uniform sized muffins) and put a tsp sized dollop of jam into each muffin. Swirl with a chopstick or knife.
- Top with sugar/lemon mixture.
- Bake in upper middle rack at 425 til tops are set and slightly spring back, about 18 minutes, rotating half-way through cooking time.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!