Belizean Baked Rice Pudding
photo by J Long
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Cook rice in plain water until rice is very soft (do not add oil or salt to water when cooking).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain hot rice and place in bowl. While stirring, add all other ingredients. Continue stirring until butter is melted and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into pan that you have greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Rice mixture should be around 2 inches deep in the pan.
- Bake approximately 60 minutes, or until firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean. (NOTE: the recipe did not include cooking time. I based this time on reviews by people who tried it).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this! This is more like a custard. I soaked the raisins in hot water then drained them before adding them to plump and soften them. I recommend stirring about half way through cooking because the rice and raisins sink to the bottom. I baked it at 350 for about 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.