Beet Salad With Chives (Salatat Shamandar)
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 5 large fresh beets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
- Boil the beets until tender.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, peel, dice, and place in a salad bowl.
- Stir in garlic, cilantro, chives, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Stir, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Deliciously fresh-tasting! Once the beets are cooked and cut, it's super quick to make. It gets better the longer it chills. I made this exactly as written, just adding a little chopped sweet onion. I was thinking that goat milk fets would be nice to crumble on top. All beet lovers should try this. Thanx for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not as active here anymore, but you can find me playing at the new recipezazz.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I love to take food photos with Freddy Cat to bring a smile to people's day. I love to cook and share good food with other people. I have a very large collection of cookbooks. I used to enjoy being able to look up recipes on Zaar by ingredients I had on hand. I miss the Zaar tag game community. Everyone was so nice, and it was super fun. Ah, the good ol' days.