Green Olive Dip (Maazat Zaytoon)
From: "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa" by Habeeb Salloum. From Palestine and Jordan regions.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups green olives, pitted and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to serve
- Place all ingredients except tomatoes and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread on a serving platter and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with tomato pieces, sprinkle with oil, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is fabulous. I added a tiny bit of smoked paprika, and left off the tomato only because my garden has no ripe ones right now. :-( This was soooo good. We scooped it up with our bread and talked about using it to toss with pasta, too. I can think of lots of ways this would be good -- as a spread on a veggie sandwich, layered in a 7-layer chip dip, the possibilities keep going! Thanks, Engrossed!Reply