Tahini Egg Salad (Mutabbalat Taheena)
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Place tahini and lemon juice in a blender and blend for a few moments, then transfer to a bowl. (I would use an immersion blender here.).
- Add garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and water and stir gently until well mixed.
- Place on a platter, sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a fabulous addition to an egg salad is the tahini! I found this much more flavoursome than the alternatives of mayonnaise or sour cream in most other egg salad recipes. Except for omitting the water, I made this exactly to the recipe, and wouldn't change a thing. Thank you, Engrossed, for sharing this superb - and as with all your recipes that I've made - so very different recipe! I'll be making this often during the summer months.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not as active here anymore, but you can find me playing at the new recipezazz.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I love to take food photos with Freddy Cat to bring a smile to people's day. I love to cook and share good food with other people. I have a very large collection of cookbooks. I used to enjoy being able to look up recipes on Zaar by ingredients I had on hand. I miss the Zaar tag game community. Everyone was so nice, and it was super fun. Ah, the good ol' days.