BEET Leather Chips
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 10mins
- 2 cups cooked beets (Pick small or medium-sized beets whose roots are firm, smooth-skinned I used red yellow)
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Roast beets by enclosing in foil and roast till tender.
- Or Steam: Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water and bring to a rapid boil. Add beets, cover, and steam for 15 minutes. Beets are cooked when you can easily insert a fork or the tip or knife into the beet.
- Remove skin when cool to handle.
- Place beets into a blender.
- Spread thinly, about 4 inch thick. The outer edges will dry faster, so make the outside a little thicker, up to 3/8 inch. Use Excalibur Paraflexx sheets, parchment paper, or the fruit leather inserts that came with your dehydrator. Don't use waxed paper. Dehydrate for 8-10 hours. Peel away the paper store chips in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!