Beet Chips With Rosemary
photo by Heather N.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 beets (mine were baseball size)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, powder
- 1 teaspoon extra finely granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice beets on thinnest setting using a mandolin. This gives you paper thin wafers that are relatively consistent in thickness. TIP: Use a glass or non-porous cutting board/mat. Beets stain surfaces! You can use red or yellow beets, or a mixture.
- Place sliced beets in a glass bowl and toss with EVOO and salt. Allow to sit for 20 minutes. This process (salt) draws excess moisture from the beets. Once 20 min have passed toss beets in their liquid and drain.
- Place slices in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with a bit of sugar, this brings sweetness back out. Sprinkle with rosemary powder.
- Bake 30-50 minutes. Until crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place in air tight container with a silica packet. If you do not have some silica packets laying around (they come in jerky packages, etc.) make a small rice sock. This process keeps the chips crisp while in container rather than the chips absorbing the moisture from the air the rice/ silica do.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Don't forget to KISS the cook!! :D I love to experiment with food. I love bold flavors. I love to cook and find it especially pleasing when I have someone special to cook for. ? 8726894"