Fantastic Microwaved Beet Chips
- Ready In:
- Slice beets very thin. I use a mandolin set at the thinnest setting.
- Brush a thin layer of oil in the bottom of a microwave safe pan. I use my pampered chef stoneware.
- Lay the beet slices in the pan, slightly overlapping. They will shrink significantly, so no need to leave "breathing" room.
- Sprinkle LIGHTLY with salt. Since they shrink so much, the salt taste will be more concentrated when done.
- Microwave on high. My first pan takes 6 minutes. Each pan full after takes 5 - 5 1/2 minutes, since the pan's hot.
- There's no need to re-oil the pan after the first set.
- Feel free to experiment with different flavors on the chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!