- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) can of your favorite beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can spicy hot V8
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Combine ground beef, onions, Italian breadcrumbs and eggs and mix well.
- Form beef mixture into small meatballs.
- Cook meatballs either by frying or baking.
- While meatballs are cooking, mix together the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place meatballs into slow cooker, pour sauce over top and turn to low.
- Cook them for at least 3 hours but the longer the better for flavor to enhance.
- You can cook them up to six hours.
- Remember to stir them frequently.
- If the sauce is to thick, just stir in more ketchup or V-8 juice.
- To spice them up, add hot sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!