Partytime Beer Meatballs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I make these for our annual Super Bowl party and they're the first thing people go for and the first thing to run out. Now I make a super big batch because if there were to ever be leftovers, they'd still be tasty.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 (6 lb) bag frozen meatballs (Kirkland brand from Costco)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer (of your choice)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans spicy hot V8
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 (12 ounce) jars chili sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except meatballs. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put sauce into a large crockpot and dump in meatballs - just enough so that the sauce is still barely covering them - you may not need the whole bag.
- Allow to simmer in crockpot for at least 3 hours - the longer you let them simmer, the better they are! Six to ten hours on low temperature is best. Stir them occasionally.
- To serve them, leave them in the crockpot so they're hot and provide a slotted spoon and bowls for dishing them out.
- You may wish to add more ketchup, chili sauce, or V-8 juice - spice them up more if you like them hot!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION