Jj"s Beer Cocktail Meatballs
Simple, fast, 4 ingredients, taste wonderful. I first had these at my friends wedding reception 40 years ago, and fell in love with them.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 14 ounces ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) can cheap beer (Non Alcoholic beer can be substituted.)
- 1 cup white sugar
- Make your meatballs about quarter sized, and either fry or bake them draining grease well.
- In a deep saucepan or crock pot put in the sugar, ketchup, and add beer. Mix well until sugar is pretty well dissolved.
- Add in the cooked meatballs, and simmer with lid ajar on stovetop for 30-45 minute Or simmer in crockpot on low for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Be sure to stir a couple of times.
- Sauce will thicken, and smells almost like sweet and sour sauce.
- My friends like them over spaghetti noodles, and mashed potatoes.
- These freeze well for future use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these last year for a work get together because I did not have a lot of time and did not want to spend a lot of money. I used store bought frozen packaged meatballs about 64 of them. I doubled the ingredients for the sauce added the frozen meatballs in the morning, @ 12 noon I had an appetizer that was wiped out by my co-workers. I am making again for our get together this year.Reply