- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- Scar ham and prick with whole cloves.
- Make a large enough pocket out of aluminum foil to accomodate the ham.
- Put the ham in the pocket, mix remaining ingredients together, and pour over the ham, then seal the pocket.
- Place in a covered roasting pan, and bake at 400 degrees farenheit for approximately 1 hour per pound.
- Even better though, place sealed aluminum pocket in your slow cooker, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- The slow cooker is my preferred method.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Easy and sort of unusual-tasting. I used the oven since I don't have a crockpot, and I was in a hurry (!) so I didn't use the whole cloves but I added about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (for a 2 pound ham). Also, again because I was a little rushed, I only cooked it for about half of the recommended time - and it came out extremely tender, anyway (the ham was precooked so safety wasn't an issue). Great recipe for ham that's a "little different"! Thanks Midge Plourde (and your Aunt Therese)!