Beef Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- Pat roast dry; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add roast; brown well on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove roast from pan and place in roasting pan.
- Add first batch of chopped onions and garlic. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broth; bring to boil and deglaze pan. Add to roast pan. Cover tightly; cook in preheated 350ºF oven for 3 hours.
- Arrange remaining onions, carrots, potatoes and remaining beef broth around roast. Cover and continue to cook for 2 hours or until vegetables and beef are tender.
- Remove beef and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim any fat from juices; pour both into gravy bowl.
- Slice meat or chunk up meat, arrange with vegetables on plates and spoon juices on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!